4/28/2010

If there were a Holy Spirit...

John 3- 10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

If there were a Holy Spirit... I'm sure he'd like us to realize his relationship to God. I bet he wouldn't appreciate being told what he can and can't do. I bet he'd be more interested in us longing for his presence, rather than us longing for his presents. I suppose he would want us to realize that he doesn't enjoy dwelling in foul temples. I imagine he would remind us that he wields us, we don't wield him. I bet he would appreciate us removing some of this worldliness, so the spiritual could dwell free.

If I wanted to know about Nascar, I'd speak to a person who's life bore Nascar fruit. If I wanted to know about computers, I'd speak to a person who bore computer fruit. If I wanted to know about cooking, I'd speak to a person who bore cooking fruit. If I want to know about the spirit, I should speak to those who bear spirit fruit.

Galatians 5- 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Image (Copyright Gospel Communications International, Inc - www.reverendfun.com)

No comments: