6/09/2010

God's Workmanship

I've been running into a dilemma while doing my counseling outside of church. I want to try and help people see their true self worth. The problem is, I'm not allowed to mention God unless they do. So, how do you tell someone the true value they have, when God can't be mentioned?

Today I'm reading through Ephesians again and I ran across that verse, "we are God's workmanship." It gets me to thinking about some of those famous paintings I discovered when I was an apprentice missionary in Europe. I saw a few Rembrandt's, some Picaso's, some Dali's, and a famous one by Da Vinci (guess which one). Some were breathtaking. Others were pretty ordinary. All were famous and priceless. What gave them value? The value of the work was found in who the artist was. The value of workmanship is determined by the worker. This is God's work. I am God's work. One cannot appreciate value until one understands the maker.

Wish I could tell my clients, "Without God, you are just human. But with God, you are priceless."

No comments: